Amelia Stafford is a Registered Medical Herbalist/Naturopath and Holistic Nutritionist specialising in women’s health. After completing a Bachelor of Natural Medicine degree, Amelia has undergone further education in the area of Nutrition and Natural Fertility, undertaking certification with Natural Fertility New Zealand learning the WHO approved symptom-thermal method, as well as mentoring from hormonal health expert Dr Lara Briden.
Amelia has a passion for nutrition, educating her clients on how to determine individualised diets specific for them, seeing food as medicine, getting nutrients from food first and supplementation second. She is a keen herbalist and believes in the nurturing and restorative power of plants, using herbal tinctures, teas and formulated capsules/tablets to get the body back to equilibrium. She has a strong evidenced based approach, utilising functional medicine together with the wisdom of traditional healing modalities.
Her areas of specialisation are:
- Fertility/ Pre-conception/ Pregnancy & Post-partum care
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Convalesce following hysterectomy/ Fibroids
- General Digestive Health conditions - Including, small intestinal overgrowth (SIBO), IBS, eczema, psoriasis.
Functional Medicine Testing Utilised in Clinic:
- Precision Analytical DUTCH (Dried urine testing comprehensive hormones)
- Micronutrients Panel
- Doctors Data Comprehensive Stool Analysis including PCR
- Coeliac & Gluten Sensitivity Panel
- BioTek Functional testing food intolerances, IgG + IgA food reactivities
- GPL-Tox environmental pollutants testing